25-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Encom Discover is a custom-built extension for MapInfo Professional, a powerful and reliable desktop GIS.
Encom Discover is the desktop Geographical Information System (GIS) designed especially for the geosciences, providing the tools to effectively compile, visualise, analyse and map spatial geoscience data.
Designed by geoscientists for geoscientists, Discover provides a total solution for data collection, analysis, integration, modelling and visualisation in one integrated range of software. Discover is the ‘must have’ GIS for geoscientists worldwide.
Since its release in 1994, Discover with MapInfo Professional has become the GIS of choice for geologists, environmental scientists, cartographers, exploration managers and database administrators.
• build geological datasets
• produce high-quality scaled geological maps, with titleblocks, map grids, legends, structural symbols, etc
• compile drillhole data and create cross-sections, plans and logscreate, filter, contour, profile, manipulate,
• colour and analyse gridded surfaces
• analyse and visualise geochemical data
• rectify unprojected raster imagescreate graphs with maintained spatial links for interactive analysis
• enhance your GIS productivity via an extensive range of data, object, table and map windows utilities
• connect to other geological systems, databases and file formats
• control the MapInfo Professional workspace with a real-time, enhanced layer control
• produce exploration tenement applications (Australia only)
• optionally display your GIS data in 3D (Discover 3D)
• integrate with a field GIS (Discover Mobile)
Encom Discover 12.0 requires MapInfo Professional 9.0 or greater for Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7.